Friday 25 January 2013

Betty's Words

I wanted, Dear Readers, to share some photos of The Magnificent Gangplank but am experiencing a few minor technical difficulties....
The less said about my incompetence the better.
Regrettably therefore (much as I value them), there will, for the moment, be only words to paint you pictures with.

Betty's words on a card to me, paint a vivid and affecting image.
She wrote: "...maybe Davenham has met the boats in the picture at some time. Perhaps boats have some contact with each other...." 

They make me wonder about Davenham's sister ships...
She must feel their loss.....

Herman, one of our neighbours, works with boats.  He believes that they do have a personality, a persona.  Some boats, he says, are unwelcoming, even hostile.  He has known vessels who resist, who try to repel; no matter what you are doing to fix them, things will go wrong - problems, delays, accidents - they will not accept you, there is a negative aura about them.
Davenham's personality is strong and inviting,  he answers to my inevitable question.
"If it wasn't, I would never have come aboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment